Tire fitment ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
Hey everyone what up? Just wondering if anyone here has run a MT sportsman 29/12.5/15 rear tire on a 15x10 rim on their gbody? If so what size back spacing works best? I have a 87 Monte SS with a stock frame, stock 8.5" GN rearend.

I too am curious what will fit, im running 235/60R15 BFG drag radials now but would love to run some 275s.

crown14 said:
I too am curious what will fit, im running 235/60R15 BFG drag radials now but would love to run some 275s.

I have run a 275/50/15 and also a 275/60/15 on my monte with out any problems on a 15x8 rim with 3.5 backspacing. You could probably get a 295 to tuck under there as well, i got about an inch of clearance between the tire and frame. you would just have to worry bout the tire rubbing on the wheel well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor