Tire questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Well in the next few weeks im going to get some new rubber. I have no clue on what is a good street tire, that is reasonably priced. i am probably going to keep 215's on the front and would like to go to a fatter tire on the rear, what would be the widest tire i can get on those wheels? i have 15x8 wheels, any suggestions, prices, what you paid? places to go??

I really like the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Itsa white letter tire that gets much better reviews than the BFG radial TAs and that was my experience also. Check out www.tirerack.com. I sort by tire size & price. Most common would be 235/60/15s up front as they are stock height and don't rub and they look right with 275/60/15s on the rear. Generally this is the largest common tire that will fit 15x8s without rub. Some have run 295/50/15s with ideal backspacing & a little inner fender wall clearencing or rolling under. If you go as far as channeling the frame rails you can fit 295/65/15s.

I have the firehawks, but I have to say the only reason I got them is they were cheap. They don't really hook up with just the stock 305. They are a good tire all around, but I was more into the price than the tire IMO.

I clicked the tirerack link to look at the tire and saw the 235/60/15 for $89 & the 275/60/15 for $96. And the 215/65/15 for $82. I have seen them have these on special for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor