Too bad it's a low rider

Status
Not open for further replies.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
That is the problem with most of the cars in my area. I have a hard time finding a running, straight car that hasn't been pumped and batteried within an inch of its life. I too can appreciate the effort, but that is it... :puke:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
83hurst-olds said:
That is the problem with most of the cars in my area. I have a hard time finding a running, straight car that hasn't been pumped and batteried within an inch of its life. I too can appreciate the effort, but that is it... :puke:

I think it's tough finding an unmolested g-body period, let alone one that isn't rusted or falling apart. It took me months to find my car and it wasn't local.

The ones I see here usually have hack job wiring, lift kits from gi-normous wheels, shaved trunk locks, goofy interior mods (a millions door speakers), and occasional bullet holes.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Wow, we have lots of untouched godies here where I live. Guess we're lucky. In fact, I just seen one the other day. An early 80s Cutlass. It's blue with blue interior. From what I seen it has buckets and the F-41 package. And this thing looks like it just came from the showroom. I was kinda drooling a bit lol.

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
Its definitely got a lot of time, money, and work put into it. I can appreciate that....but ugh..definitely not my taste.

G-Body_Vet said:
83hurst-olds said:

I think it's tough finding an unmolested g-body period, let alone one that isn't rusted or falling apart. It took me months to find my car and it wasn't local.

The ones I see here usually have hack job wiring, lift kits from gi-normous wheels, shaved trunk locks, goofy interior mods (a millions door speakers), and occasional bullet holes.

This is true. Here in the Chicagoland area it IS hard to find a clean untouched G-Body car. My car was stored in a pole barn in Chesteron Indiana for the last 4 years. When my buddy's brother called me and asked if I wanted to buy it I jumped at the chance. I hate the "donk" or "hi-riser" look that most of these cars are transformed into. I much prefer the factory look, especially 442s.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
88Classic said:
This is true. Here in the Chicagoland area it IS hard to find a clean untouched G-Body car. My car was stored in a pole barn in Chesteron Indiana for the last 4 years. When my buddy's brother called me and asked if I wanted to buy it I jumped at the chance. I hate the "donk" or "hi-riser" look that most of these cars are transformed into. I much prefer the factory look, especially 442s.

I had to drive up to Oak Creek, Wisconsin for mine. It's rare to find one that's actually been taken care of WITH maintenance records. The fact that I only paid $1200 makes it even better. You can't touch a POS G-body down here for $3K most of the time.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
outsider_27 said:
I would much rather drive a car that has a built drivetrain and is in primer with a crappy interior than drive that thing.
X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor