train horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Yeah ill post pics and see about a video but I'm not sure if I want to keep this kit or get the horn blisters. Looking today I found out both are labeled air horns and not train horns. And I still don't know if .5 gal tank and 120 psi will cut it. Can someone shine some light on this for me

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Found a viair compressor and tank with a larger compressor 150psi switch and 2 gal tank for the same price so its need less to say what I did. New tank set to be here 03/23. :D

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,234

TheGeek

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2011
tmoneymr2 said:
442_7.5ltr said:
GREAT ANSWER!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
What he said. If you do everything with a purpose, then you will never come up with anything different than what is already out there.

tmoneymr2 said:
There used to be a late 90's S-10 that cruised our little town on the weekends that had a train horn set-up in the bed off an actual train engine since he worked for the RR. It was probably the coolest thing ever when he would hit that horn and it would echo and reverberate off every building and house in town. Town of 25k people keep in mind there wasn't a sleeping soul in town when he did that.

I was at Carlisle for the All Truck Nats one year (in PA) and there was a blue S10 pickup doing that. Was it near that area?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im so glad I dont live near you! :rofl:

chiguy109

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2011
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sh*t would be funny az hell i just started laughing as i was reading i would love to see that s%@#

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Mounted it on brackets that I welded to the floor. Installed a relay to take control of the pressure switch Cutting the compressor on. I'm installing an on/off switch between the ignition wire and switch to control compressor coming on and off. So I only have to wire and mount the horns and wire the switches.

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 1,123

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Just had a thought, you should wire it up as an anti theft device as well!

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
I thought that was a good idea too! Till i ran it by a buddy who's an installer and he brought up the fact of it possibly going off for something other then someone trying to steal something and it killing the battery. Its a car here in town who has it done but i'm still thinking about it. I mounted the horns and wired up everything minus a couple of little things. I'll try and get pics tomorrow though.

tmoneymr2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2011
tmoneymr2 said:
There used to be a late 90's S-10 that cruised our little town on the weekends that had a train horn set-up in the bed off an actual train engine since he worked for the RR. It was probably the coolest thing ever when he would hit that horn and it would echo and reverberate off every building and house in town. Town of 25k people keep in mind there wasn't a sleeping soul in town when he did that.

I was at Carlisle for the All Truck Nats one year (in PA) and there was a blue S10 pickup doing that. Was it near that area?[/quote]

No I'm in nebraska but thats the guy he was from PA just visiting here with the national gaurd or something like that it was a pretty tricked out truck. Bags and Rims and stereo and those god awful loud train horns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor