Transmission 'insulator'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey28

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2017
Wow. I was thinking this went in between the trans mount and the bottom of the transmission itself... I would never have thought it went along the side of the car where the crossmember bolts to the frame. But that makes sense.

The tires are 6 years old now but they sat a while before I bought the car in 2016. I probably should investigate the tires and wheels. The vibration is in the seat/floor pan. I can see the passenger seat back oscillate at about 11-14Hz, similar to each wheel rotation at speed. I have moved wheels around but there's no change. No steering wheel vibration or shaking at all. This is why I kept thinking drum/axle/diff...

Let me add one thing: The vibration is worse when there is more air in the tires. At 35+ psi the vibration is very noticeable. With less air (under 30 psi) it is reduced but still there. The tire place says all of the wheels and tires are balanced. I figured if I moved them around the vibration would change from rear to front but it didn't.

Last edited:

Bailey28

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2017
Wheels are the 86/87 Monte Carlo N90 factory 15" style.. Hub Centric. Wheels are in good shape with no curb bashing or dings. Nice factory GM conical lug nuts as well.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My v6 regal had them. Didn't put em back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor