Transmission not going into PARK

Status
Not open for further replies.

leefybeaver

Apprentice
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
Hey all, so simple issue that I can't figure out. I can put the car into PARK on the column, or at least to the highest position the column but the trans is still in reverse. I can't see any interference on the linkage with the exhaust or any thing else holding up the linkage. I was able at one time to "wiggle" the selector on the transmission and it clicked into PARK. So right now I'm thinking that the linkage needs adjustment so it can engage park on the actual selector on the trans. Does any one have a picture of one that is all installed properly. Knowing me I'm missing something simple that's not letting it happen, or if there is a way to adjust it a bit please let me know.

If you haven't figured it out yet you can try this, there is a bolt on the vertical rod(13mm?) that will adjust the trans and column alignment. Should be as easy as loosening the bolt and put both the shifter and the trans linkage in park. You may have to fine tune it once you get it to that point. Be sure to check your body bushings and trans mount if there isn't obvious signs of this bolt moving. There is also a small white bushing on the horizontal rod that could be worn and not allowing the shifter to move the linkage to park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor