4l60e Transmission Pan

FWIW....I have the Hughes cast aluminum DEEP PAN on my 4L60 trans, aka 1993 700R4 (last year before "E" models which were the same/similar pan afaik) and it doesn't really hang any lower than my header collectors, and never had an issue with scraping anything under car. Unless you're really lowering your ride height significantly, G Bodies don't tend to have issues with scraping imho.

I don't know if the pan you're referring to is any deeper than this, but this one adds additional 2 quarts to the capacity and notice it doesn't change the height of the filter pickup, it sits on the four little pedestals inside the pan. The extra fluid just helps to have additional fluid available to keep temps a little cooler is all I think it's for.

View attachment 243948

View attachment 243949

View attachment 243950

View attachment 243951
Now that is a very interesting ATF pan gasket that I wish I had know of before I did my pan swap this spring. From who did you source it?

Nick

Now that is a very interesting ATF pan gasket that I wish I had know of before I did my pan swap this spring. From who did you source it?

Nick

Hasn't leaked a drop, and I used one on my rear diff cover too which is a cast aluminum one with the bearing cap supports and they've been great.

Note that it's more for pans with the FLAT (typically aluminum) pan rail, and not the stock type pan with the raised ribs between bolts. For that stock pan, I used the factory gasket and never had a leak, so long as it wasn't overtightened.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor