trim questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgraycat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
charlotte nc
working on the 84 elki trim is faded bad , my ? is the trim around the windshield and rear glass also the drip rails all faded aluminum do any other g bodys use stainless that would work on the elki

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I'm not aware of any Gbody with stainless windshield trim....I believe all 2 door front window trim will interchange between 2 doors. Rear window is of course specific to the Camino,. Except for the very front piece of the A pillar trim the rest is specific to Camino as well.

I'm not familiar with refinishing the anodized aluminum...hopefully someone else will help out there..

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Refinishing the anodized aluminum could go either way....depends on how shot the anodizing is. If there is any deep scratches that penetrated the anodizing layer it pretty much needs to be stripped. I've heard of people using plain jane oven cleaner, but I've personally haven't. Depending on how you want the finished product, you could strip it, repolish and use a good clear coat, if in good condition just buff it out, have it re-anodized (which I hear is quite pricey), or have it powder coated (that's where my trim is at now).
Several options, depends on budget...look on YouTube for videos and Google it. Hope this helps.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor