trying 20's on rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Seeing how 20's would look in back with 18's in front.
20210417_150848.jpg
20210417_151353.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
This is only my opinion.

I almost always run a staggered rim and tire combo on my cars. I've found that a difference of 2 inches like you have here works great on the really large cars from the 50s and 60s. Smaller cars such as ours and the later 60s and early 70s muscle cars look better with a 1" difference. With that said, I like the 20s on the rear but would probably pony up for 19s on the front if they come in that design.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
APRIL FOOLS.:p
That's a 20" wheelskin off a dodge challenger held in place with ducttape:wtf:I didn't know till i started looking into hubcaps for my ford transit van last year that many new vehicles have chrome plastic covers over the factory alloy wheels. You have the factory versions , and the aftermarket such as imposters wheelskins With a lot of trimming , I fit several versions of 17" wheelskins over my 16" ford transit wheels & may make custom covers soon, possibly with the spoke portions of these 20's
With some vision, trial & error, & skill, it is possible to fit certain wheelskins over some other wheels.If I were to try & use these 20" covers , I would need to grind bothon both them & my wheels.
Hint to many of you northerners driving on salt, factories also do this as a way to not have real chrome wheels corrode. Hear that Fleming?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
The rear looks like it could use more tire. Appears to be more open space than the front. The shot of the drivers side is really going to have people wondering what it is. When I just saw this, it actually looks like it could be a mid engine car. Definitely not a criticism, just an observation. It looks fantastic.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You got me all excited thinking that you were hitting the home stretch on this thing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor