Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Is there still any companies offering aftermarket t's? Are they worth installing (fit/finish)? I was considering putting in a sunroof but was pandering about t's.

The only company who ever (that I know) put aftermarket T-tops in g-bodies was Cars and Concepts. Unfortunately they don't exist any more.

(Technically the factory tops were put in by Hurst out of the factory, but they were sold as a factory option)

All of their remaining T-top parts were bought by a place in MO called the sunroofdoctor (sunroofdoctor.com). Their site doesn't list the G-body parts at all but they have them. I had contacted them at one point since my GP has the C&C tops, and they sent me a parts list and drawing.

http://gbodyforum.com/files/C&C-TTops.pdf

This was a few years ago so I dunno if they've still got anything or not. I never ended up needing any parts so I also don't know about cost. It's doubtful you'd be able to get a whole kit anymore. The only parts I ever got for mine was before I found out about the sunroofdoctor and had to go through a local sunroof shop. $100 for the 4 plastic corner pieces the claws grab onto!

Best bet (unfortunately) would be to find a factory or C&C donor car and start cutting. Or go the sunroof route. Probably cheaper and easier.

I figured that would be the outcome. I had asked earlier about a turbo monte. The guy I know with that just hacked his own into the roof. I think they were from a SS he said. I know that they leak more then a newborn (mine drools everywhere) but they look half decent.His biggest prob was the vinyl top. he doesn't have any trim on the front of the vinyl because it wont work with the t's. I was leaning towards the sunroof route anyways. I'm removing all my a/c stuff, so that (sunroof) will give me another form of mexican a/c. Not sure what style to go for though. 1. Large rectangle sunroof, 2. 2 smaller squares over each front seat. sort of like the custom vans of the '80's used to use.

I would personally advise to not do either. Getting replacement parts will be a headache years down the road and it killls the value of a car IMHO. I would never buy a car with aftermarket T-tops or sunroof, including C&C T-tops. Just ask the guys with C&C T-tops how much they like them now that they are in need of replacement seals that are no where to be found. The car becomes virtually useless.

The only thing I would ever consider doing is converting to T-tops or the factory style moonroof using factory parts. In the end you are just better off buying a car with the factory option already on it. 8)

I don't like sunroofs. I just use mine in the Monte/Cobalt because it's there. I'd never add an aftermarket one. They're cheap looking. If there was a way of doing T's, definately, but it really doesn't seem like it...

i personally would like a hollywood top aka targatop like the orange supra in gay & gayest :puke: i seen a regal where they just cut the roof out :shock: i live in mn not happening . but redhotregal has a point thats why i would put in a sunroof how many people have ac in a gody with a motor swap i dont

I have AC, tilt, cruise, auto trans,power windows and door locks, comfy seats that lay down, seat belts, airbags,tinted windows,sunroof,CD,MP3,roadside assistance and free oil changes...

ON MY DAMN HYUNDAI!!!

My Cutlass is balls out no power nuthin! Stroker small block, wheel totein' no back seat, felt carpet, plexi and felt door panels, no heat, no AC, 2 front seats with harnesses, fuel cell, homebuilt dash, street legal rolling HELLFIRE...

and I wish I had a sunroof.....FOR AN ESCAPE HATCH!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

TTops leak like a b*tch...maybe not today..but they will..I promise!! Go sunroof or not at all. I have a nice TTOP body and I just bought the weatherstrip to reseal it all and spent over $400 I think I may just sell the car and buy a 9" Ford rear so I can stop busting 7.5s

If your car didn't come with T-tops...I would say forget it.

A point of clarification...the seals and metal plates for factory T-top cars are available from Brian at gbodyparts 🙂

re:T-Tops

Hello All,

Clarification, Cars & Concepts made a "G" Model T-Top Kit as did Hurst. The Factory tops on 78 and up were made by Fisher Body. I recently sold on Ebay a brand new complete Hurst Hatch kit for the 78 and up "G" body. I thought it was the only one I had left. Anyway spring cleaning (11,000) sq ft. I have found one more complete "G" body kit. I have also found a brand new GM (Fsher) center bar. This is the early style that has the chrome tabs that fit into the slots on the glass panel. I think GM only used that style for the first 2 or three years. If there is any intrest please email me at [email protected]. I think I still have a couple of Door Glass rollers (with spring) and a couple of the door glass supports (black that fit at top of the doo to stiffen glass when raised. If any questions please email.

Thanks,

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor