Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sunroof (dual small)

• T tops (aftermarket)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i contacted the sunroof doctor at the end of last year after many expensive phone calls to the US from the UK trying to track down C&C t-top parts (he told me it was a Chrsyler subsiduary ?) He said he had nothing left for C&C tops 🙁

luckily i found a guy on one of the buick forums selling a complete kit with panels rubbers but no plastic end caps 🙁 i had to buy the lot even though i only wanted the rubbers and shipping was so expensive i told him to keep the Glass !

i made my own end caps out of steel to replace the broken fibreglass/plastic ones:

I drew around the original onto some card
ttopclip2.jpg

transfered the pattern to sheet steel cut it out and folded it to match
ttopclip4.jpg

welded the edges up and cut a slot for the reciever
ttopclip6.jpg

made the reciever out of some 1" x .5" box and welded that in place, here's a pic of it located only by the latch, thats why its wonky ! no screws holding it straight, but you get the idea ?
car10.jpg

Hey unityjon, welcome to the site! Welcome to the C&C T-top club, too! 😀
The C&C stands for "Cars and Concepts" I don't think they were related to Chrysler, though. That doesn't sound right. I suppose its possible, the '78-ish Dodge Magnums and family were available with panels so maybe they were the ones who built them? Who knows. I'll keep my eye out here for a set of those caps. (If you don't need them I sure will! :evil: )

That's bad news about the sunroofdoctor not having any more C&C parts! He was *it* the last I heard. Guess I'd better be extra careful with the seals from now on 😀

Nice looking Buick. Any story on how it got to the UK? I can't tell for sure from the photos if it's right-handed or not.... doesn't look like it.

Hope we can get you set up with those clips, too!

Hi,

I did a Vin decode when i first got it, no idea what i did with the info though, it was originally a sacramento car i think, then Canada, then the UK. I also found the build sheet in the drivers door.

Its left hand drive 😉

Perhaps i should start making some t-top cap's from steel for people LOL..It was pretty easy, the front ones are a much more challenging shape i havent started on those yet !

well since someone else drug this thread up i will put in my two cents to say that t-tops are great when it isn't raining. My camaro's driver side leaks a little and it's a 94 so if it didn't have it i wouldn't do it

😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor