Turbo kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Ok turbo guys im wanting to know if any of you know where i can buy a twin turbo setup and not pay a arm and leg for it i like the Banks power kit but im not paying 6gs for it my project is more of a budget and ive looked at the Ebay kits and know there not great but ive looked up on it and it has negative and positive comments but i know its cheap stuff and don't really want to head that route if i don't have to.I'm not looking to make a 1000hp just 400-600hp so if you guys know where i can look to find decent prices that would be great.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
Ok turbo guys im wanting to know if any of you know where i can buy a twin turbo setup and not pay a arm and leg for it i like the Banks power kit but im not paying 6gs for it my project is more of a budget and ive looked at the Ebay kits and know there not great but ive looked up on it and it has negative and positive comments but i know its cheap stuff and don't really want to head that route if i don't have to.I'm not looking to make a 1000hp just 400-600hp so if you guys know where i can look to find decent prices that would be great.
I would buy a good turbo and get an ebay stainless manifold kit. I know guys that have stainless ebay units and love them. Summit sells turbonetics turbos for a decent price.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I would buy a good turbo and get an ebay stainless manifold kit. I know guys that have stainless ebay units and love them. Summit sells turbonetics turbos for a decent price.
OK thanks I'll look into it.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
You can't just slap a turbo on. It's not cheap power you are going to be in the near range of 2500-3000$ range when your done. Yes that is half of the banks kit but you will need to do some work. 1 finding the right turbo is key do your research don't just buy the big one.
2. Now your turbo is only as good as your carb if your running one sorry don't kno if your efi or carb.
3.you can run stock turbo waste gate pressure but that's nothing. Blow off valve are your friend.
Sorry for the semi long post don't mean to sound rude. But turbos are not cheap power. And I am sure you know th amount of work time and money this going to cost you

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
You can't just slap a turbo on. It's not cheap power you are going to be in the near range of 2500-3000$ range when your done. Yes that is half of the banks kit but you will need to do some work. 1 finding the right turbo is key do your research don't just buy the big one.
2. Now your turbo is only as good as your carb if your running one sorry don't kno if your efi or carb.
3.you can run stock turbo waste gate pressure but that's nothing. Blow off valve are your friend.
Sorry for the semi long post don't mean to sound rude. But turbos are not cheap power. And I am sure you know th amount of work time and money this going to cost you
Exactly why I'm not doing a turbo on my LS even though I was offered a free 76mm turbocharger. A lot of homework would have to go into the setup. The fuel system and induction would have to be sorted. He will have to get a blow thru carb if he is running a carb. I would research into people running a setup similiar to what you want to run and see what they used. Car Craft has featured a lot of builds similiar to what you want to do. I would check out their archives.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Thanks guys I know it's not cheap I have a holley 850 that's going to get modified I'm already going to swap my tank out for a gn one with the electric pump my engine builder has a ebay twin turbo kit he got brand new for $400 from someone he is going to sell it to me for the same price I'm going to upgrade bov and waste gate for now and use the turbos and manifold and see what happens.I'm going to replace the turbos when I have enough money to purchase good ones but till then I'll just try and have fun on low boost with the $400 ebay kit.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
Thanks guys I know it's not cheap I have a holley 850 that's going to get modified I'm already going to swap my tank out for a gn one with the electric pump my engine builder has a ebay twin turbo kit he got brand new for $400 from someone he is going to sell it to me for the same price I'm going to upgrade bov and waste gate for now and use the turbos and manifold and see what happens.I'm going to replace the turbos when I have enough money to purchase good ones but till then I'll just try and have fun on low boost with the $400 ebay kit.
Sounds like a solid plan. Can't wait to see updates.

Reactions: 1 user

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor