Twin turbo ls overheating issue

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
Heat soak is the issue. A blanket will move the heat out the downpipe. The turbo will reach temps that are never seen in a factory application.

I don’t know what turbo you have, but I’ve never heard of anyone indicating that a turbo blanket will hurt. I’ll agree that one isn’t needed if you have an open engine bay, but you don’t. I’ve melted 3 inner fenders in error - changing them sucks if you want you engine bay to look nice.
turbos are boostlab i believe journal bearing. The gentleman i spoke to said that the enclosed heat can damage the internals. i havent seen many bad reviews on their products but yes they are not a big company

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
That is good. Steamline to pump outlet. Good. Should be some suction on the steam line there.
Well it’s installed ran it yesterday up to like 195 but ran out of fuel again. Apparently I’ve built a guzzler lol. So gonna hopefully take a gallon and drive her to the gas station.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Well it’s installed ran it yesterday up to like 195 but ran out of fuel again. Apparently I’ve built a guzzler lol. So gonna hopefully take a gallon and drive her to the gas station.
If you have the learn turned on in the idle areas where you are letting it run to warm up, then running it out of fuel will make a genuine mess of your fuel table because the Holley will be actively changing the fuel table section of the tune due to lack of fuel. Then when you get fuel back in it, it will run stupid rich until it relearns. It's a recipe for a tuning nightmare.

Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2022
If you have the learn turned on in the idle areas where you are letting it run to warm up, then running it out of fuel will make a genuine mess of your fuel table because the Holley will be actively changing the fuel table section of the tune due to lack of fuel. Then when you get fuel back in it, it will run stupid rich until it relearns. It's a recipe for a tuning nightmare.
Great to know! How do I turn that off? Can it be turned off?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Great to know! How do I turn that off? Can it be turned off?
Yes, it can turned off. It’s hard to talk you through it without a video call.

Send me a copy your tune and I can do it for you. Will take 10 minutes.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor