TV Cable Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
which carb are you running? could they have possibly sent the wrong bracket?

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Maybe i missed it in the thread, but if the slack is at the carb end and not the transmission end of it, I'd say buy the geometry corrector and correct carb bracket.

Reactions: 1 user

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
Not a carb I'm sorry it's a 5.3 truck intake I thought I put it in the being but must have forgot

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
Here is the picture I got around to resizing it. Yes I know both jam nuts are not tight in this picture but i have had them tightened before and it made no difference. I have also tried it with the adjustment pulled all the way back and that also made a difference but still to much slack.

Attachments

• 20140530_105153.jpg
    20140530_105153.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 374

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
when you slide that rod back so the nut sits flush on the plate, how much slack is left, its hard to tell from the pic how much slack will be left when its fully adjusted... and are you 100% positive the cable end didnt come undone from the hook in the transmission? i know its a dumb question, but with that much slack and messing around with it, they tend to slip off... and after its adjusted, did you try to open it to WOT, not sure how the braided lines work, if they have some auto adjust feature or what...

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
Yes after finally getting a hold of them and being able to talk we measured it and they sent me the wrong cable along with forgetting to send the retaining clip for the cable to hold it in the transmission. They are sending me the correct cable now along with the retaining clip.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
ITh4n4tosI said:
Here is the picture I got around to resizing it. Yes I know both jam nuts are not tight in this picture but i have had them tightened before and it made no difference. I have also tried it with the adjustment pulled all the way back and that also made a difference but still to much slack.

If that picture shows how it is installed in your car, that looks very wrong. The cable should be almost straight back off the carb mount point. Your cable looks like it comes down at a 30+ degree angle... Maybe take a better picture from a couple feet back so we can see the bracket that holds it on the intake and how it attaches to the carb.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
ITh4n4tosI said:
Yes after finally getting a hold of them and being able to talk we measured it and they sent me the wrong cable along with forgetting to send the retaining clip for the cable to hold it in the transmission. They are sending me the correct cable now along with the retaining clip.

so did they ever send the new one? you get her back on the road?

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
its not a carb thats why its mounted at an angle, its angled down to the connecting point on the throttle body and yes they did send me another one but still figuring it all out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor