tv cable help

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarfreak69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2012
i have a 1986 monte carlo with a 350 and i believe the transmission is a 2004r.i bought it without the tv cable hooked up, and the owner drove it,who knows how much and i also drove it how with it disconnected.(about 15 mins. i found the bracket that holds the clip in place along with the throttle and put it in. so is their a good chance my transmission is burned up? here is a pic of the bracket that i put the clip in.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/pd2zq

i tried to hook it up but it dosnt reach the carb, it goes past the little nut i assume its supposed to go on, and when i try to push it back it still dosnt reach,by about a an inch or 2. but i can push the cable back into the plastic a good few inches. i assume when i pull on the throttle cable its supposed to pull the tv cable out? here is a pic of me trying to push it back the tv cable, this as far as i can push it into the cable housing.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/vesqz

how do i fix this? do i have to adjust it somehow? please help me

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
yes as you twist the throttle bracket the TV cable should be pulled out. What you should be adjusting for is that the tv cable be all the way pulled out when the throttle is at full travel as well. Hope that makes sense.. If your lucky tho, hopefully the trans didnt suffer too much damage but the only way to tell would be to hook it up correctly and see if it shifts and drives fine. I would pull the pan and change the fluid and filter and inspect for debri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor