Tweed interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think the 1993 Nissan Altima clone...err "Malibu" came out around 1997 or 98, so maybe this is a leftover from that time period. (It's hard to believe that the Malibu has been clogging rental car lots for that long!)

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
That's funny, i used a set from an Omni too, at one time.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The Omni is a subcompact car that was sold as a Dodge in the late 70's thru the 80's. It looks like a MK I VW Golf/Rabbit if that helps any. It shares the chassis with every other disposable FWD Chrysler of the 80's too. There were also two performance versions: The GLH and the GLHS. The GLHS was done by Shelby and used a 175hp intercooled, turbocharged 2.2.

Here is a Plymouth Horizon. It's an Omni with a different grille. (It was also sold as the Sunbeam Talbot in Europe, but that's another story)

800px-Plymouth-Horizon-1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Omni

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The Omni is a subcompact car that was sold as a Dodge in the late 70's thru the 80's. It looks like a MK I VW Golf/Rabbit if that helps any. It shares the chassis with every other disposable FWD Chrysler of the 80's too. There were also two performance versions: The GLH and the GLHS. The GLHS was done by Shelby and used a 175hp intercooled, turbocharged 2.2.

My mom had a 79 Omni. Bought brand new, trouble with the wipers (day 1), then 3 years later transmission goes. Black Vinyl Seats, no A/C, AM radio, automatic.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I still can't believe there is someone who has never heard of an Omni. I can forgive never having heard of a Citroen Ami 6 or GS Birotor, but an Omni? Maybe I just need to get out more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor