Twin Turbo Headers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I got a lead on some sbc twin turbo headers. Anybody have any experience with these headers or seen them on a sbc? I ask this because I still want to retain a/c and I dont know if these headers will put the turbos in the way of it. If they do I will just go the remote mount setup in the rear.

1slo86elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2010
Culpeper Virginia
are they the kind that mount the turbos up front of the engine or the kind that mount them beside the valve cover? pics would help. but id say if the are the one that place them above the valave covers it would interfere with the ac box. but the front facing headers for twins might work with some work of course

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
twin turbo you won't be able to put much of anything on the front end or engine bay. If not for the lack of room the heat. A rear mount IMO is a better bet, keep it away from the gas tank :shock:

and if you have any money to spend on a decent turbo I don't see why you'd need twins. Can buy one large turbo that spools relatively quickly, not cheap though

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

Ohlly88SS

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2011
the ebay turbos work, but you get what you pay for. ive known a few people start out with them cause theyre cheap, they build the setup around them then later can upgrade if needed. they make power but they only last 10-15000 miles.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
3XBrownCutty said:
i would gladly take 2 turbo's over a/c any day.
x2 :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor