Underhood Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjpj1979

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
My question is it necessary to have the insulation under your hood of your car? My insulation is very filthy and I want to remove it but don't know if the heat from the engine will damage my hood or not?

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
i removed mine,mainly because it was torn and rubbed against the alternator pulley.I belive that if you drive it for so long the heat will eventually chip the paint on the hood.I suppose if you dont drive your cutlass as much you wont kill the paint as bad

pjpj1979

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
Yeah I was talking to a couple of guys and they said it wasn't really going to hurt anything. As long as you aren't sitting with your engine on for an hour it shouldn't hurt the paint. Can you hear a lot of engine noise after you took of the insulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor