Upholstery Glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I finished my up panels awhile back and they came out pretty good until they had set and really dried. I used the strongest stuff they had that was in spray form. I took my time and made sure everything was smoothed out and had no bubbles. I also know I used enough spray and let it try for a little then went back and smooth it out to make sure still no bubbles.

Just wondering what anybody else has used or would recommend to get that smooth long lasting look

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
what exactly did you do to your panels? If your looking for a good spray glue, go to selectproduct.com, thats where i get all my glue for doing interiors. They have contact cement which works great on heany material like vinyl, they have a heat activated glue for heat formable vinyl. They also have the best glue for suede and any other type of fabric. Only downside is you'll need a compressor and spray gun cause it dosnt come in a spray can

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I use 3M's upholstery glue when I do this sort of thing. Whatever you do, stay away from Duro glue!!! I made the mistake of using it, only to have the upholstery come apart the next day.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I use 3M's upholstery glue when I do this sort of thing. Whatever you do, stay away from Duro glue!!! I made the mistake of using it, only to have the upholstery come apart the next day.

Is the upholstery glue the same thing as the headliner glue that comes in the can?

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
86CLCruiser said:
what exactly did you do to your panels? If your looking for a good spray glue, go to selectproduct.com, thats where i get all my glue for doing interiors. They have contact cement which works great on heany material like vinyl, they have a heat activated glue for heat formable vinyl. They also have the best glue for suede and any other type of fabric. Only downside is you'll need a compressor and spray gun cause it dosnt come in a spray can

I took off the stock beige color and covered the panel in black vinyl.

86CLCruiser

Apprentice
May 4, 2008
3m makes a vinyl adhesive, i saw it today when i was at autozone. But if you have a spray gun, This is what i would spring for. PLus its a full gallon, will give you plenty for other projects. I have done alot of vinyl work with either this or their heat activated glue for any vinyl work that needs some heat applied to contour

www.selectproducts.com

go into products, adhesives, and its all there. This is what we used when i went to Installers Institute outside daytona, and havent used anything else since

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor