URGENT - Anyone with free access to design software that can help with a perspective view rendering on short notice?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've taken up the mantle, as health allows, of helping neighborhoods FOR FREE/PRO BONO across our county fight against a lot of improper/uncharacteristic in-fill where they're plopping warehouses and high-density apartments in the midst of large swaths of single family suburban homes.

I was contacted TONIGHT by some people in a subdivision where some very cheap, unadorned, very dense 'shotgun style' homes are proposed. County Commissioners meet TUESDAY so I've got tonight and tomorrow to try and pull something together for them.

im told their developer tried giving a picture of dissimilar homes and dissimilar lot setbacks to the zoning board as an 'example' which doesnt compare to how dense and crappy the proposal is.

i'd love to pull out the t-squares and render a sample view of a row of the proposed houses on the street (they're all identical, and, simple unadorned shapes.) I do NOT have an active cad license right now, it's one of the things we cut because I don't use it. And now I could've.

Anyone with the time possibly able to pop something out fairly quick? The simplicity of the design concept plus the small size really cuts down the effort needed. It's the setback, side spacing, and shape that are of concern for once you get them all in the row.

If anyone wants more specifics and might be able to help let me know ASAP.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If you are lookign for some examples of 'crappy' vs 'not crappy', leverage Google Streetview in neighborhoods you know that look bad/good.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If you are lookign for some examples of 'crappy' vs 'not crappy', leverage Google Streetview in neighborhoods you know that look bad/always?
No, what we're after is houses that, without the specs in front of me, are 2 story tall, something around 20-ish feet wide, 40-ish feet deep, and having 7.5 foot side setbacks on the lots that are only around 35 feet wide each. Then they want a 15 foot front setback, as if many vehicles today are even 15 ft wide or less to begin with.

They gave front and side elevation views. It looks like cheap 2 story mobile homes being stacked dense in the middle of an area filled with traditional homes.

Or so I'm being told.

I saw sketchup, but I'm afraid I may have trouble trying to learn it in time while drafting what a row of half a dozen of those homes look like and still preparing legal grounds to challenge what the board is being asked to do and drafting my speech points for multiple properties.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor