USPS/Amazon Logistics Suck

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well not only are there mail sorting games played, but also logistics screw-ups thanks to plain old human error. While letter sized mail is sorted mostly by machine these days, and the resulting mistakes from that, parcels are still sorted by hand. So a sleepy or distracted clerk can and will make mistakes. Then the mail handlers can place a Post-Con on the wrong truck so your stuff ends up two states away. Then once the Post-Con with your stuff actually gets to where it belongs it may be rolled into a corner to be forgotten until the next shift. And then sent somewhere else again. While lots of stupid stuff happens consider how much right stuff gets accomplished. Millions of items get where they are going without a hitch every day. The sheer size and complexity of the USPS is mind boggling and while not perfect it still considered the best and least expensive in the world. Probably the only thing I can compare it to is the US military. Anyone who has served can testify to the idiocy that occurs yet look at the accomplishments. Now consider that the USPS has the largest number of Veterans in it's workforce than any other government service.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, just yesterday I got my Amazon order of some die cut mailbox reflective decals. They were sent on Jan 18 from Vermont. Arrived in Atlanta on the 20th. And it took 5 days for it to leave Atlanta. Now, could it have something to do with flight paths and such because of the gubmint shutdown? I say no since it was in Atlanta from Vermont 2 days after the ENVELOPE left the sender. It was first class mail, granted, but it bounced between the Peachtree and Atlanta sorting facilities for 5 friggin' days. Couldn't be more than 20 miles apart. So there were some retard moves there at those locations, I can assure you.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor