V8 vs V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim83

Apprentice
Mar 21, 2018
I have an 83 cutlass supreme with a v8 (305) it came with a "touring package" much stiffer springs and front & rear sway bars (big).
None of which matters as springs and bars are available aftermarket

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Not my car, but man if it were... I would be looking to put that one back on the road and find a crusty one for the track. Just my .02.

Reactions: 1 user

dudelikescars

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2019
Ok well the original deal didn't work out. Owner had some emotional attachment to the car. However I stayed on it and after a month she sold it to me. Picked it up yesterday.
My original plan of turning it into a oval dirt track street stock class car will probably still happen but for now I am entertaining bring it back to life for a year or two as a high hp street car. Regardless of which way I go some things like the suspension, trans, rear axles, all new components up front etc. I would have replaced anyways, except for track springs vs street spring. I know its a bit crazy but I'm thinking like 700hp. Normally aspirated or turbo's. I'm not rich but I could swing it. (I'm an old guy. kids are gone) The cars paint is very rough as you can see and the body has some dings in normal and weird places as its been sitting for years. but I have only found one pin hole rust spot and that in the passenger front fender at the top of the arch of the wheel well. The head liner is toast and its missing the drivers side door panel but the seats are oddly in really nice shape.
I would leave the body as is paint and everything. Thought that would be kind of cool. Clean engine compartment, clean under carriage, pretty clean interior and big power. My wife and sons think it would be kind of cool also. Plus we are saving an SS. Its an 85. What do ya think

Attachments

• IMG_2576.JPG
    IMG_2576.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 219

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
What might they be? 1000lb/in? I've got 650lb'ers on the street, and am ready for 700s. It's a 100mi/day v6 daily.
Might as well put a 3/4 race cam in it, too.

Last edited:

dudelikescars

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2019
700 HP!! hope you have a BIG budget for that engine and the drive train to support it.

Hello, Yes Im well aware of the cost of things. I have 2 friends that campaign g bodys cars at the drag strip. I wouldn't be throwing ideas out there if I didn't have the means to support them. Thanks though.... and what do you think of the car. $1300.00 and included two transmissions. Not sure if there're any good yet though.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I'm kinda a cheap skate and probably would have passed but as long as your happy that's all that matters. I got lucky buying a monte sight unseen($1200.00) that had been stored for 20 years and the estate wanted it gone as is not running. Friend of a friend said it looked good so took a road trip upnorth - well worth the trip.

2016-08-12 02.57.28.jpg

Last edited:

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
If you decided to not use the 2004r transmissions. Let me know I will either pay to get them shipped or drive to you and pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor