Vibration in Drivetrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

torjan

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2009
Germany, upper Bavaria
Hija,

i have following Problem, since my Transmission was overhault by a well know company here (no crappy work).
i have "vibrations" in the drivetrain starting at 75mph and raising with speed (not realizeable at lower gears and higher rpm). before the overhauling there was no Problem till 120mph (German Autobahn with 2,29 and 205/75x14 :wink: )
Converter was overhault too, new U-joints, tires and rims are ok, too. Trans got an superior shift correction kit.
Transmissionmount is the old one and will be changed, other mechanic had changed the axle (no change).

What could it be? thxs for tips

sry false forum 😳
viewforum.php?f=14

take the driveshaft out and turn it 180* and see if that cures it....the other thing when you did the u-joints did you mark the front yoke to make sure you installed the way it was originally assembled?

thats what i tried 2 times, it is a bit better.
here they are able to fix modern european cars, but with us cars :roll:
all say: "we do", but i found out when i wanted to get it right, i'll do it by myself.

3 different repairshops said, that they had recalibrated my carb, but the seals were in the same condition since 84 as it goes from the line in Flint

I'll bet someone dropped the drivesheft. Any chance of a shop that can balance it? Maybe a truck shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor