vinyl top alternatives....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
If you can find a good seat reupholsterer (spelling?) they might be able to make something for you. It won't be cheap, but it'll be something. There are a few companies around here that make "mock-tops" for Cadillacs, so I'm sure there's somebody out there by you.
Or duct tape. Duct tape is cheap. :rofl:

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Cheerios wold be cool. Just glue them on one at a time. Or for more color, you could get crazy and go with fruit loops!!! Top the theme off with a banana hood ornament and a spoon shifter. Then add a "Got Milk?" decal for the windshield. One of a kind baby!!!

84regalltd

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
Marietta, Ga
Thanksfolks. When I get the old one off I'll get a better idea of what I'm dealin with. Just seemed likea good idea because its made for the elements.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
rule of thumb when it comes to vinyl tops, if your doing anything with them it should be getting rid of them

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
redsx2434 said:
rule of thumb when it comes to vinyl tops, if your doing anything with them it should be getting rid of them

hes got a point they hold alot of mositure and often unless its not normally drivin or you dont stay ontop of keeping the moisture out or somethin t turns bad, BUT i think they look great if they come on the car when you buy it.

My personal rule is if it came with one when i bought it keep it ( depending on condition) if it didnt have one when i bought it i dont need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor