Vinyl Top Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjpj1979

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
Hey guys I have a few small breaks in my vinyl top and was wondering the best way to close them up. Any tricks to fix this order to keep the breaks from getting longer and wider?
thanks!

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
if you are any good with teaching your self stuff a vinyl top is not hard to replace, i dod the one on my regal a few years back, it wasnt perfect but i didnt do it in goos weather which makes a big difference

pjpj1979

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
Well the top is in good condition just a couple of small cracks...I really don't want to replace the whole thing for a few small cracks.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
maybe use some silicone to keep the water out? or maybe a upholstery shop can repair to new condition?

pjpj1979

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
Yeah I'll check out a couple of upholstery shops.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i remember this stuff for leather /vinyl/cloth seat repair on tv. it was sold by the late great billy mays in a infomertial. try going to the "as seen on tv" website and getting it from there. ill see if i can find it and post it here.
heres the site:
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/Li ... epair.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor