Vortech superchargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Has anyone used them before or have first hand experience with them? Got a few questions to ask.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do you want to know specifically about the brand or about centrifugal superchargers?

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
About running one on an LS. Have a chance at buying one, SCi trim V1 for a helluva deal, but would have to make everything to make it fit on the engine. Was for a Fox body originally.... just wondering if it's worth it.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Holdener did a video on supercharger's and ratios last week.

That will work fine on your motor, but I'd contact the company to see if they offer a plate and pulley setup to mount it on your motor in your car. Reinventing the wheel in terms of mounting it will be a pita.

If you put that on your car, then I'd recommend against letting anyone else drive it lol. A standard with a supercharger makes one thing come to mind - f'ing yikes!!! It will have the exact opposite issues that a turbo has on a standard - lag. There will be no lag and you should be able to maintain boost while shifting. That can get the unknowing driver by surprise - assuming of curse you're looking to run it non-intercooled.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
About running one on an LS. Have a chance at buying one, SCi trim V1 for a helluva deal, but would have to make everything to make it fit on the engine. Was for a Fox body originally.... just wondering if it's worth it.

The Procharger on my TBSS makes effortless, boner inducing, power. You will be nothing but satisfied with it. Just make certain the bracket is for the correct orientation and rotation of the head unit, and spacing for your FEAD.

Holdener did a video on supercharger's and ratios last week.

I haven't yelled at my TV that hard in a long time. He's losing me with his biases.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The more I've looked into it, I won't get the one I found. Would be a PITA to make it work with my engine. It was originally for a Fox body.... too bad because it was a smoking deal

Reactions: 1 user

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
I have an older v1 with the oil return and straight cut gears on a gen 2 lt1 in my 442. Has over 8,000 miles on it and beside being non intercooled it's a nice system. Have no idea what it's putting down hp wise but it moves out for using the stock cpu and vortech fmu. Next step would be getting an aftermarket controller for it to open up some tuning options as I am using the 93 lt1 chip based computer and it's hard for me to find someone to burn a chip for my setup.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
The more I've looked into it, I won't get the one I found. Would be a PITA to make it work with my engine. It was originally for a Fox body.... too bad because it was a smoking deal
It mostly depends on the rotation of the blower. There is a couple companies that make brackets and you can also get oe Vortech brackets from https://superchargersonline.com/parts/

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Next step would be getting an aftermarket controller for it to open up some tuning options as I am using the 93 lt1 chip based computer and it's hard for me to find someone to burn a chip for my setup.
Try this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor