• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Makes No Diff to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put it this way....I would have never gotten a date if I drove a wagon.

Now you tell me, are they cool?

srercrcr said:
Let's put it this way....I would have never gotten a date if I drove a wagon.

Now you tell me, are they cool?

YES. All u need is a mattress in the back.

Original topic, though. If u have a Malibu wagon forum, then why not a Elky, Aerocoupe, Convertible, Lowrider....forum.

I'd say too many forums will detract from the overall site.

IM THE ODDBALL THAT REQUESTED A WAGON SECTION, THERE ARE ALOT OF WAGON-SPECIFIC PARTS, IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THEM, RATHER THAN WHORING SPACE ON THE ELCAMINO OR MALIBU/MONTECARLO SECTION.

IM 19 THE REASON I LIKE WAGONS IS THAT ALL MY FRIENDS ARE INTO THIS RICE-BURNING JAPANEESE CRAP. IT WOULD BE COOL TO SMOKE THEM IN A STATION WAGON. 😀

Uncletruck said:
The A/G wagons will likely follow down the same path as wagon models of nearly every other collector car- as more time goes by, they become more and more valuable. Today it is just about impossible to find an A/G wagon in all original excellent condition. They were often abused or heavily used by their owners for chores, etc. And as they didn't have the stature for anyone to think they would ever become collectable, it makes finding good ones that aren't rusted out or modified very difficult, that with the lack of overall demand for them they are still being crushed every day.

The fact is though, underneath that sheet metal, they are every bit an A/G car as any hot rod coupe out there. They are also fun to modify if you find one in good shape, that fun being they can still be had for very little money today. I got my '81 Malibu wagon for $2200 last year on E-Bay, and it gets more attention than I honestly care for when I drive it, the most common comment, "It's been a long time since I've seen one like that."

-Mark-

DONT FORGET MOST WERE USED IN DEMOLITION DERBYS

Original topic, though. If u have a Malibu wagon forum, then why not a Elky, Aerocoupe, Convertible, Lowrider....forum.

this man speaks the truth

78mali350 said:

this man speaks the truth

How do you figure? There IS an Elky forum, and convertibles and lowriders would be custom or modified versions of these cars. There was a wagon model of every single A/G body make, (Some multiples, such as Buick Century and Regal and Pontiac LeMans and Bonneville.) Wagon specific parts are more difficult to find than just about anything else in the A/G market due to the limited quantities of them left, making a forum make all the more sense to me.

Just because some of the hot rod coupe guys don't like wagons does not mean they shouldn't be justified a forum spot here IMHO 😛 Some of these wagons beat up on coupes at the track on a regular basis too.

My Malibu wagon is also a daily use vehicle not just a weekender or trailer queen, and I still use it for all the things it was inteded to do and then some, that being a nice sleeping quarters at my cabin for the nights when I've had one too many :lol: If one hasn't owned an A/G wagon, I strongly encourage giving one a go- if you like having what really is a rare car and getting a lot of compliments!

-Mark-

Uncletruck said:
78mali350 said:
[Just because some of the hot rod coupe guys don't like wagons does not mean they shouldn't be justified a forum spot here IMHO
Please don't take this as I don't like them. To be honest, I really didn't know that there were that many different parts to them vs. the Malibu. I DO like them, always have. Never owned 1, but thats my own fault.
I guess it would make sense to have 1 if the wagon owners wanted one. I look at new posts anyway and don't pay much attention to the section that it is in.

85t5mcss said:
Uncletruck said:
78mali350 said:
[Just because some of the hot rod coupe guys don't like wagons does not mean they shouldn't be justified a forum spot here IMHO
Please don't take this as I don't like them. To be honest, I really didn't know that there were that many different parts to them vs. the Malibu.

Aside from body, cosmetic and interior stuff, there really aren't any parts that are majorly different between any of the A/G cars, which in turn is saying none of them deserve their own forum. The coupes, sedans, and wagons have slightly different frames, and the wagons different gas tanks and fillers, that's about it. Things on the wagons that are difficult to find are tailgate doors and glass, rear glass, good bumpers and taillights, and rear interior parts.

-Mark-

SO I GUESS THIS ISN'T HAPPENING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor