Wagon Wheel Offset - Tire Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
I know there's a bunch of you guys out there that know what wheel offsets and tire sizes work on G Wagons. Really only looking for sizes up to seventeen inch.

I'm looking for the largest rear wheel / tire combination I can stuff under the rear for sure and the second largest size I can stuff under the front. No body modifications to the car but it has been lowered two front and one rear. I may consider pinching the rear inner lip if I can get a significant size improvement by doing that.

I'm really looking for combinations you know work and even those that have the occasional rub are OK. Not looking to rotate the Earth but I would like to get as much rubber on the ground as possible. If the Earth moves, I'll deal with that then. :wink:

I'm running 4 front 16" IROC rims on my '84 Monte with P235/60R16 tires, and only a slight rub issue on the front at full steering lock. The car has been lowered approximately 1" front and rear. I know that you're looking to run larger tires on the rear, but I figured that I'd let you know what has worked for me. I'm sure that you'll get other responses and ideas. Good luck.

I was running 17x8 4 inch backspace all the way around. Now im running 20x8 4inch back space in the rear and 18x7 4inch back space front. my car is lowered 3 in front 4 in the rear. no rubbing at all. Got lots of room.

Ran 17x8 with 4.5bs and 245/45-17s with no problems. 4"bs would work, too.

Attachments

• dsc03645.jpg
    dsc03645.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 822
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor