WANTED: Guinea Pig. YOU WANT A FREE PART? Putting On A New Power Brake Booster? Let's Talk.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ok, most of our power brake boosters mount to the firewall with a gasket in between. The gasket part number is 9791640. Discontinued from GM. Fits a TON of cars/trucks/vans with power brakes. All the way back to 1968 that I can find up through 1993. Strangely, it doesn't fit early 70's A-bodies.

They have a repro or two out there that I'm aware of, but the arch on the top is a bit too arched on some, plus they're asking like 18 bucks for it with the shipping in most places. Some other places sell the right shape, but still, pushing 20 bucks when shipped. To me that's a tad stupid. Mine is shaped like the original. The original is white, and the repro is black. They're made of foam EPDM, and gas/oil resistant, etc. Same thickness as original.

Anyway, I made this prototype (it ain't perfect, but it will function plus nobody will see it once installed) and was needing a test mule/volunteer for feedback. If you or know of anyone replacing or installing their booster and need a FREE gasket, here's your chance. No cost to you. Just need an address to send it to. All I ask in return is some good feedback. Please, only if you're going to swap or install a booster soon, like maybe within a month or two at most. I don't need anyone waiting a year and a half to install it. I need it for timely feedback and potential tweaking of the part if needed.

Thanks.

Here's a pic of a genuine GM part and the black repro.

Prototype 9791640 Brake Booster Gasket Repro.jpg

#2 on the drawing below.

1723069158775.png

Reactions: 1 users
Need to re-do a 1977 c10 with vacuum assist that the booster/master/calipers/hoses are sitting on the shelf.

Would that be a suitable test mule, and, what types of feedback would you be looking to have documented?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor