wanting to buy a motorcycle 4 MPGs. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RITTER said:
Just get a 150cc moped, they will go like 85mph. Plus, you can get away with no registration or insurance with a moped. Technically the 50cc ones don't have to be registered/insured but a 150cc can pass :twisted:

Those are all state laws. In indiana even a 50cc moped requiers insurance, plates and a frikkin motorcycle license!!! :x , they dont enforce it though.

cdg1984 said:
RITTER said:
Just get a 150cc moped, they will go like 85mph. Plus, you can get away with no registration or insurance with a moped. Technically the 50cc ones don't have to be registered/insured but a 150cc can pass :twisted:

Those are all state laws. In indiana even a 50cc moped requiers insurance, plates and a frikkin motorcycle license!!! :x , they dont enforce it though.
Well that sucks :!:
Another thing to consider about a moped is the tax write off you get when you buy one. You can write off the entire purchase price 😛

RITTER said:

Mopeds are like fat chicks, they are fun to ride until your friends find out. I'd stick with the motorcycle, more power if you need it. Plus, they aren't expensive to insure or license either.

80Maliboo said:
When gas was $4.20 for premium and I was getting 6mpg with my old truck I was spending arround $150 every couple days in gas. It was a killer. I was all ready to get a bike then one of my friends who had the same idea was struck and killed by a lost tourist. I prefer 4 wheels now. Food for thought.

You could go with a Ford Aspire or Geo Metro. 30-40 mpg and 4 wheels. Oh yeah, they're under $1000 too, ,lol

outsider_27 said:
RITTER said:

Mopeds are like fat chicks, they are fun to ride until your friends find out. I'd stick with the motorcycle, more power if you need it. Plus, they aren't expensive to insure or license either.

LOL...thats what ive always said too :rofl:

I have had a motorcycle licence for 40 years and have had all manner of bikes. All are great on gas, a blast to ride , and are girl/cop magnets. Your biggest problem will be the stupid rubberheaded *ssh*les that will act like you are invisible. I never got hit but I had to lay down a Harley to avoid getting blasted by a total douchebag doing an illegal move. As a parent I would advise getting a small economy car.

After speaking to my parents.... I have decided to just continue driving the Buick to school as planned... i am still considering buying a bike for recreational purposes, and maybe someday, I will be able to use it for daily use, but until then, I'll just keep 4 wheels. :?

That's good to hear. I started on a 125cc Yamaha and gradually moved up through the ranks to bigger bikes, learning more all the time. The accellaration is intoxicating, but the world is a hard cruel place for bikes. Rain, oil, gravel, dogs, morons, all conspire to dump you on your *ss. By all means get a small bike to learn on and make your mistakes. Ever try to hold up a full dress 1200cc Harley Davidson? I still like the 350cc's for easy handleing and maneuverability. Great to learn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor