Wanting to put a Chevrolet 427 into an 84 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC_cutty

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
im using A body headers, out of a chevelle, im running a 454, and they fit...BUT, you have to run a minni starter, and the header is VERY close on the passenger side lower control arm...nothing a couple swings of the hammer cant fix.

BBC_cutty

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
Phatphil's said:
Nothing...Nothing at all was wrong with the chevelle, we just felt the need to purchase a 472 and drop it in there. .

do u meen a 572 gm crate motor? im running a 472, 454 .070, and the only reason its .070 is cuz im running the bottle alot

if you do meen the 572, tell him not to waste his money, we had a 572 in my buddies truck, and it dynoed, 540hp off the crate, and 680hp tuned, GM rates them at 720 hp, but its almost impossible...like i said, with a vetaern tuner, he only pulled 680hp

87oldssalon302sbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2008
louisiana
427 in the g-body

I have seen several big block engines in Cutlasses,Monte Carlos,Regals,Malibu's,ElCaminos,all g-bodys are the same under the hood.Its easier to put a big chevy in them or a big block buick,then a big block olds.Mainly because of exaust manifolds,I found the chey engine fitting probably the best.All you need is the frame mounts as the other guy said from any auto parts store,but also the ones that bolt to the engine known as perches.As for as the transmission if its unilug like the 2004r or some turbo 350s it should bolt right up.As for as the torqe converter there isn't any difference.If you plan on using the power steering and things like that use all that was on the big block now,or any 1-ton or 3/4 ton equiped with the 454 will have the steering,A/C,and altenator brackets.Hope this will help.

Phatphil's

n00b
Dec 15, 2008
I'm located in madison, so its a bit of a drive, and i have plenty of people to help me as well as a shop to do it in. I'm just trying to get everything squared away so when i start on it in spring, i am ready. Thanks for all the help guys...any more suggestions, feel free to throw them out there. As for the chevelle, it has a 472 in it...just as i stated before

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
do u meen a 572 gm crate motor? im running a 472, 454 .070, and the only reason its .070 is cuz im running the bottle alot

if you do meen the 572, tell him not to waste his money, we had a 572 in my buddies truck, and it dynoed, 540hp off the crate, and 680hp tuned, GM rates them at 720 hp, but its almost impossible...like i said, with a vetaern tuner, he only pulled 680hp

haha i know exactly what you mean. them things are way overrated, super low compression and not realy much for a cam. you are better off getting a 502 punching it to a 522 and bigger cam, you can make some real good numbers with that combo.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Whatever the case it sounds like you got a sweet project goin on there. I luv 427's. Lotsa pic's please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor