Warm up?

Do you let your car warm up before driving it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Never you mind, Son. Go play with your Legos.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
I use a remote start and everything ive read says its the worst thing for a car. The experts say you should be driving the car within five seconds of starting it in cold weather. In extremely cold they say no more than thirty seconds. Something to do with it takes a car much longer to warm up at idle. The sooner you get it warm the better. Thats what i read anyway.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Summer = no

Winter = yes , 2 to 5 minutes max

85cuttysalon307

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
Uniontown Ohio
I let my vehicles warm up for at least a few minutes, summer or winter, doesn't matter. :D

01GPGT

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2008
i let my 01 worm up (it idles high and the transmission dose not like it) and my 88 dodge diplomat winter or summer for abought 10 mins

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
you have to let a quadra-junk warm up because they suck.with efi i just fire up and go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor