water leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoknum

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
my g body's driver side front floor gets wet when it rains and the car just sits at home and is not driven in the rain. the rest of the floor in the car is dry. anyone have any idea where the leak is coming from?

StreetDogg316

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Prince George, VA
Mine leaks on the passenger side, Check ALL of the weather stripping, And check the vents aswell. I believe mine is leaking from the vent, When I checked for water after it rained, The vent was wet.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
It might be the windshield or any grommets in that area.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
leak

chasing water leaks has always been a pain to me!! you might take a look at the sag in your door it can cause a leak....jesse

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
mine leaks from the cracked Weather stripping on the body where the window seals

chrias

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 3, 2008
Throw some talcum powder on the floor and along the panels so the next time it rains it will give you an idea of the direction of where it may be coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor