Water pump

Mark504nola

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2022
When buying a new water pump does it come with the bolts and nuts I notice the old water has it made into it already

Attachments

• IMG_3853.png
    IMG_3853.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 6558116C-3A3C-49AB-B2B0-AD611F1A7728.jpeg
    6558116C-3A3C-49AB-B2B0-AD611F1A7728.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not normally. I would imaging very few variations do, if any. So, no water pump mounting bolts that I know of.

It seems kits are out there for bolts and hardware for nearly any year SBC, so it's not like you need to worry if you need some. I don't dabble in SBC so I'm not fluent in bolts and water pumps. I know there's a short and long style, but that's about it. One thing I would shy away from is the stainless steel bolts. For one, they're probably cheap stainless, which means they'd probably rust anyway, and stainless usually isn't as tough as say, Grade 5 or better steel bolts. JMO, do as you and your wallet wish. Another option is to take your bolts to the auto parts store and match them up with anything they sell.

Example of just one of the kits you can get:

If you really want some good stuff, ARP bolts:

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
ARP bolts or take yours to ACE hardware and match them to grade 5 or grade 8. Both options are cheap. Be sure to use permatex sealer on the bolts as the go into the water jacket area.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor