Welcome my parts car...real car soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waggin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Puget Sound, WA
Found the forum while searcing for some info on a car I was contemplating buying. Joined, then lurked a little, and I thougth I'd introduce myself. So far I have an early '80's Cutlass that I bought for parts or a donor car. It came with Tubular upper & lower arms, Eibach springs, big swaybars, some rallye guages, extra doors (including some manual crank ones), extra fenders, extra glass, older Camaro Z-28 wheels w/decent tires, a very clean V-6 w/high perf HEI, some shorty headers, and probably more that I'm forgetting (like what year the silly car is in the first place!) From another parts car, I have an 8.5" one wheel peeler.

I'm a huge fan of row your own trannies, but I'll probably start out with an auto. I missed a phenomenal late 70's Malibu wagon recently with a T-5, and I'm still crying over it. The seller had about $12G in it, and he sold it for $3500 the night before I was able to get cash in my account. I love long roofs, and getting one with a 5-spd is pretty much my perfect ride. If that car ever comes back up for sale, I'll drop everything to go buy it. From what the seller said, the buyer didn't even care about what the car was, just wanted something to put his mini-hydroplane on the top. Anyone else crying along with me? Oh, I also have a 65 Tempest wagon and a bunch of GTO parts, but it's a longer term project. Can I speak A-body on the G-body forum? :oops:

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Welcome :D There is someone (Blake442) that's selling a complete set up (minus trans, crossmember, driveshaft) to swap in a manual :D

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome!

I like wagons too! I have what some people consider a "problem". :lol:

It's true, I do have the factory pieces to put a manual trans in a G-body of your choosing. PM me if thats something that interests you.

And yes, you're allowed to speak A-body! Afterall, before there was the G-body, there was the A-body...

waggin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Puget Sound, WA
Blake442 said:
Welcome!

I like wagons too! I have what some people consider a "problem". :lol:

It's true, I do have the factory pieces to put a manual trans in a G-body of your choosing. PM me if thats something that interests you.

And yes, you're allowed to speak A-body! Afterall, before there was the G-body, there was the A-body...

Problem? I don't see a problem. If there's a 12-step program for us folks who always seem to have cars follow us home, I DO NOT want to know about it.

I've already collected the parts car, and I don't even have the real car yet, so I don't think I'll be buying the stick conversion pieces right now. Thanks for mentioning it though. If I change my mind, I'll check in with you to see if you still have them.
edit: Wow, that's a clean Century, especially for a car in the land of the Flinstone floorboards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor