Weld wheels problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedawg1944

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2010
Hey I have a problem, not that serious of a problem but enough of one to bug me. I recently came across a set of weld drag light wheels at a very good price and i bought them, once i got the wheels home and mounted up i noticed that both lug patterns have been used and where the lug nuts and washers hit the wheel it has scratched them all up. This is the only scratches on the whole wheel. Will the hole plugs that jegs advertises on the following page cover where the washers hit the wheel

http://www.jegs.com/p/Weld-Racing/Weld- ... 2/10002/-1

81hoopty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2011
Unicoi, Tennessee
damn. i need to find some draglites for my cutty. its got cragar ss' now if anyone is interested in trading.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
brandong said:
No one ever use the plugs? anyone have any that they can mesure for me?
Could you post a pic so we know how big the scratches are? Those caps look like they might cover them up if the scratches are small.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
81hoopty said:
damn. i need to find some draglites for my cutty. its got cragar ss' now if anyone is interested in trading.
Figures now that I done sold my draglites someone wants to trade for cragers lol. I had the drags for sale awhile ago and I was looking to trade for some cragers but sold them for $100. I honestly prefer cragers over draglites but thats just me . . .

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
Ive never used those plugs,i have some plastic plugs in the extra holes on mine i got off ebay and i can tell you they are not big enough to cover up the marks from where the other lugs were

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Your lugnuts will use flat washers which will cover up the bolt holes that you will use. The un-used holes will show scratches. You will have to get a polishing bit and a high speed drill and some polishing compound and polish out the scratches.

Just realized those are hole plugs. I thought they were center caps for the wheel center. In that case it would likely fill in the entire washer area. I'd look up and call Weld, ask them to be sure. Then buy 'em!

81hoopty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2011
Unicoi, Tennessee
-83MONTESS- said:
Figures now that I done sold my draglites someone wants to trade for cragers lol. I had the drags for sale awhile ago and I was looking to trade for some cragers but sold them for $100. I honestly prefer cragers over draglites but thats just me . . .

DAMN! 100 bucks? i would have been on them like white on rice! personally i like the draglites myself. i like cragars too, but i just dont really like how they look on the cutty. i think the draglites would give it a little more of a lethal stance.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
81hoopty said:
-83MONTESS- said:

DAMN! 100 bucks? i would have been on them like white on rice! personally i like the draglites myself. i like cragars too, but i just dont really like how they look on the cutty. i think the draglites would give it a little more of a lethal stance.
IMO the only way either set would look right is with a deeper rim out back. Thats just me tho I like the stance of a deeper rim and bigger tire for that staggered muscle car stance. My buddy has 3 good draglites that he took off because he blew a tire, hit the wall and destroyed one of the rims. I could see how much he wants for the 3 if your interested. There 15s . . .

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
brandong said:
once i got the wheels home and mounted up i noticed that both lug patterns have been used and where the lug nuts and washers hit the wheel it has scratched them all up. This is the only scratches on the whole wheel. Will the hole plugs that jegs advertises on the following page cover where the washers hit the wheel

i think your best bet would probablly be to give them to me... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor