what do i need to make my 7.5 posi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Theres a thead on here aboutt that. I think it was 1eye that has a 7.5 that he has put s-10 blazer internals into and cut the axles down to fit. (I may be wrong about 1eye) He says that it makes it stronger and hasn't broke it yet.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah I believe this has been covered once or twice. The search button is your friend.

Also try using 1st grade grammer and using capitilization on your "I"s.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
the easiest way to make a 7.5 last when racing (AND YOUR U-JOINTS) is to load up the rear end, and not shock it. i broke two drivers side axles in two launches with my standard camino. there really isnt any way to beef them up except aftermarket axles, but i was reading about cryogenic freezing of racing parts that is supposed to make your parts twice as strong BUT its probably more expensive than just buying an 8.5 for your car. i eventually bought an 8.5 from a friend that is out of (i think) a caprice. the lower control arm mounts and spring perches had to be moved but its cheaper than buying a Gbody 8.5. the only problem is that it sticks out 1.5" on both sides. but whats it matter when you can launch your car as hard as you want? lol

if you have to keep your 7.5 for budgetary reasons OR you have faith in it, just stock up on spare internal parts, and dont waste time on the locker rear ends cause when the spring or the little gear breaks in them you are screwed cause they arent repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor