what do think about this 84 hurst/olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
i saw this car on base and im wondering if u guys think if this hurst is worth 2500?it needs alot of work from what i saw.

Attachments

• 84olds.jpg
    84olds.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,157

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i would say that its worth it, that is actually pretty cheap for a hurst olds from what i have seen them selling for. thats assuming its not a rusty pile of junk. that should have a 8,5" rear end that could justify 1000 of the asking price by it self, add all of the hurst olds parts and what they are worth.... i saw a beat to hell 442 sell in my area for 3500 a few months back and it had been hit hard in the rear... thye are getting harder to find and in this economy everyone is selling allot of cars and cheap so take advantage of it, in 5-10 years there wont be many g bodies let alone hurst olds and similar around and when the economy goes back up i am guessing the prices are gonna sky rocket. just my theory

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I paid over $1400 last April for a COMPLETE 84 H/O minus engine/trans and it had rust in the t-top area, quarters and floors.
Consider it a deal, I'm spending around a grand on just the body work alone, not including the paint, to save a non-numbers matching VIN 9 W-40 from the crusher.
DSC06557.jpg

DSC06546.jpg

DSC06544.jpg

ubanks2000

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
On Base, I would offer him 2000. Its worth the amount of money you have to put into it. If it has not been taken care of and you will have to fix and replace everything. Then it isnt worth much to you. I would pay 2000 if i just had money to blow and dump into it. Its gonna be a while before she is nice enough to put on the road.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
84cutlass383 said:
ok i picked up the car yesterday, and was wondering if there is any good sources for parts out there for H/O's

Congrats on the purchase. I would say the only thing I personally would look for, the only thing that is important (because in time, everything else can be easily brought up to par) is the frame and the underbody/floor pans. If they are in good shape, not rusted to sh*t and if the frame is relatively solid and not so badly rusted that it's soft and/or has tons of holes through it, it's a good buy.

As for parts, there are some good places online you can get parts to restore it. gbodyparts.com is a good one but they tend to be a little pricey. There's a few others, specific to other g-body cars but many parts are interchangeable. For example, there's elcaminostore.com (I'm getting door sill plates from there for my 84 Grand Prix) and luckily there's a few Grand National parts websites too, a good one is buickgn.com.

Those should get you off to a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor