What do you think about these wheels....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I found this car on ebay and at first glance thought it was hideous. But the more I looked at the pictures, the wheels started growing on me. I really like the look of it. It makes is look pretty mean. What do you think about them?

He wants $9,000 for the car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobi ... ucks#v4-33

Attachments

• hurstblackwheelsback.jpg
    hurstblackwheelsback.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,391
  • blackhurstjpg.jpg
    blackhurstjpg.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,393

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
84Hurst/Olds said:
I found this car on ebay and at first glance thought it was hideous. But the more I looked at the pictures, the wheels started growing on me. I really like the look of it. It makes is look pretty mean. What do you think about them?

He wants $9,000 for the car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobi ... ucks#v4-33

thats the type of wheels im looking to get next

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
"Right click, save"...Thats a clean azz Cutty right there. Hidious was far from my first thoughts on those wheels. Thats how I want to do my Monte SS stock wheels. That thing looks beasty :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
"Right click, save"...Thats a clean azz Cutty right there. Hidious was far from my first thoughts on those wheels. Thats how I want to do my Monte SS stock wheels. That thing looks beasty :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

I did the same thing. I have it on my background right now. :lol: Just wishing I had $9,000 to blow right now. He said he has the factory 15" rally's on it but he had em painted black. Came out looking right!

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
My car is nowhere near that car in looks, but the day I bought it home back in 2006, I painted the wheels black to cover up the tan. See below:

dayiboughtit.jpg

And yes, I know those aren't Olds rallyes.......

stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
I like them. Personally I think they could use a tad more silver somewhere but I'm a huge black wheel fan as long as the car isnt black (most of the time). I think I'm kind of outgrowing the black wheel phase though seeing as how I bought polished aluminum ARs for my 442 lol. Well my Dad did always think I was out of my head for wanting to black out wheels and make it look like they arent there.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
i think i might have to go pop my beauty ring off and see if i like em on my car lol
ive already got black 15in olds rallys all around only difference is i have beauty rings

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
She looks beast. Saved pic too :) Tires look meatty on those rims, although I'd personally want an inch wider at the back. Although, if I was looking to buy, I wouldn't mind paying the asking price (provided I had any money at all, lol) if the interior colour wasn't burgundy.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well I think I'm a little biased with my opinion because a 84 Hurst is basically my dream car. 8) So if I had $9,000 it would belong to the guy selling this car, and I would have 3 Hursts sitting in my yard.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
I normally don't like black-out wheels, but those don't look too bad. I would rather have the factory pattern or aftermarket aluminum ones over this though. One thing in his ad doesn't add up, he says he has over $13k invested in the restoration yet he says it is all original. How can you restore it and have it original? That is fairly high miles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor