DE
1985 White 442 w/t tops and gray interior
1987 Black 442 w/astroroof and gray interior
1987 Black Regal w/T-package non turbo w/307 and maroon interior

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
87 turbo t, white, black trim, t-tops, grey interior.

For me there is just something about a white g body, with black trim and tinted windows that really stands out.

This, no T tops and V8. Pretty much what I want mine to be anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
If you're holding me to G-Body's - 1987 Buick Gand National GNX

-Gonz

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Quite a long time ago a customer of mine came into the John Deere heavy equipment dealer I was working at and parked his 78' or 79' (?) Olds Cutlass 2dr. We spoke about it at length and he told me he special ordered it from the dealer with a 455 Olds and Muncie 4 speed and had the order documents to prove it. I'd choose that one if in fact it was available to purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Quite a long time ago a customer of mine came into the John Deere heavy equipment dealer I was working at and parked his 78' or 79' (?) Olds Cutlass 2dr. We spoke about it at length and he told me he special ordered it from the dealer with a 455 Olds and Muncie 4 speed and had the order documents to prove it. I'd choose that one if in fact it was available to purchase.
images
No 455s were certified for Cutlass in 78 or 79.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
images
No 455s were certified for Cutlass in 78 or 79.
No, No, No, he has the paper work so it has to be true. Who would fake paper work on the car the ordered brand new. Oh wait, thats why there are more top end muscle cars on the on the road than what was ever built. Sad thing someone will fall for the lie & pay way too much for something that was never made.

• Agree

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I would like to just buy the one I did with but with MUCH better manufacturing quality and then MORE IMPORTANTLY, get it back on the road!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No, No, No, he has the paper work so it has to be true. Who would fake paper work on the car the ordered brand new. Oh wait, thats why there are more top end muscle cars on the on the road than what was ever built. Sad thing someone will fall for the lie & pay way too much for something that was never made.
While it's true the dealership MIGHT have done it, or some other shop did, GM didn't do it. Not that and give it a streetable VIN that's for sure. Closest I've personally ever seen of something like this was this guy in Charleston I worked with bought a brandy new 1986 Monte Carlo and the dealership put wider tires on the back, and a slight cam and a set of headers on the car somehow worked into his existing exhaust. He paid to have this done before he even picked up the car at delivery. They voided the warranty on it. I thought he was crazy. But it was his car, and his money. AFAIK he never had an issue with it. I was always a little jelly of him because anything to make your 3-oh-nothing go, every little advantage meant something. Back then the best N/A cars I knew of that was just kick *ss as a grab the keys and go car was those Mustang LX 5.0s. Quick little mosquitos they were. And they were like Charleston mosquitos back then. They were EVERYWHERE.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor