What gauge is our G-body sheet metal?

.I used an old mustang 64&1/2
That is ironic. The reason I began using factory sheet metal for repairs was a guy I knew who had a 1966 Mustang fastback. He noticed my 1968 Firebird and we talked about rustout. He told me he buys junk Mustangs and stashes factory sheet metal just for repairs. His exact words were "Forget fiberglass and that kind of crap. Only factory metal will keep your car solid and dependable". So true. When I got the Bonnewagon there was a lot of rot under the cargo area and the rear inner wheel wells. At the time I had a lot of second gen Firebird parts so I used the hood and some other parts for welding in patches. As I said, that metal was twice as thick as the wagon metal. Unfortunately all I have left is first gen Firebird parts, and I won't sacrifice those until my current Firebird project is finished.

Reactions: pagrunt and Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor