what is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

black86442

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2011
dayton ohio
Im courious about what my 86 442 is worth. No eng or trans. Body is pretty 95% rust free but rear frame rails need repaired. Interior is in ok shape but missing the headliner. It has 150,000 miles according to the title. Just looking for a ball park idea thanks.

black86442

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2011
dayton ohio
Theres no way id scrap it. I could sell the 8.5 rear for what the whole car would scrap for. Im just looking at my options. Im debating on putting another motor in it and keeping it or sell it as a roller. Its crazy looking underneith it is completly rust free from the front to the back till u look at the 1 foot section of frame that is rusted bad. The whole car is clean it just sucks that a foot of rusted frame makes it a p.o.s

jdietschweiler

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2011
Janesville, Wi
black86442 said:
Theres no way id scrap it. I could sell the 8.5 rear for what the whole car would scrap for. Im just looking at my options. Im debating on putting another motor in it and keeping it or sell it as a roller. Its crazy looking underneith it is completly rust free from the front to the back till u look at the 1 foot section of frame that is rusted bad. The whole car is clean it just sucks that a foot of rusted frame makes it a p.o.s

Well it your sure its an 8.5 you'll get 4x scrap out of that. I know a guy just "last week" spent $1150 on a 8.5.

My understanding is not all 442 / h/o got the 8.5 the only car to definatly have it was the gn. But I'm no expert. If I was you (providing your not keeping the car) is swap the rear with a 7.5, buy a frame rail, and peddle the car off for as much as you can. As a fixer....Probally $1000-1500 and keep the rear for another G car or sell for $1000. jmho

I don't know how cars fair where your from but in wisconsin you pull the carpet to see what's actually going on with the floor.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
1500-2k all day long

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Blue Knight said:
black86442 said:

Well it your sure its an 8.5 you'll get 4x scrap out of that. I know a guy just "last week" spent $1150 on a 8.5.

My understanding is not all 442 / h/o got the 8.5 the only car to definatly have it was the gn. But I'm no expert. If I was you (providing your not keeping the car) is swap the rear with a 7.5, buy a frame rail, and peddle the car off for as much as you can. As a fixer....Probally $1000-1500 and keep the rear for another G car or sell for $1000. jmho

I don't know how cars fair where your from but in wisconsin you pull the carpet to see what's actually going on with the floor.
All the 84 on hursts and 442 had the 8.5. The 83 hurst olds did nt get the 8.5

black86442

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2011
dayton ohio
Yeah it has the 8.5 with 373 gears

black86442

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2011
dayton ohio
Im just going thru my options. Im thinking about selling as a roller on here to give some one on the G body site a chance to get the 8.5 and quick ratio steering box and biger swaybars and so on.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
If you like the car and the only rust is the rear rails repair them if done well its as good as new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor