REGAL What Is This Relay For?

Jul 29, 2024
78 Regal Sport Coupe original with 3.8 Turbo and auto transmission. Relay on the driver side of the inner fender next to the pressure switches for the boost gauge. There are only three wires that go to it. One is to ground one is the purple starter solenoid wire, and the last is a blue small gauge wire that goes to a three-pin connector with the middle pin unused the other wire is cut but looks to be either a tan color or white but; it is a heavier gauge. For the last two days, I have looked for any wiring diagrams I can find online. Even in the Haynes manual, nothing shows this. All wiring diagrams I find have the purple wire going directly to the starter solenoid with no taps. The connection looks to be a factory connection; the electrical tape is mine, as I am trying to clean all of this up. Research I have found online about the relay is that it is called an Anti-Deiseling Relay or a Blocking Relay. When I got the car the blue wire was run down under the car to the transmission area.

Attachments

• IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 3

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor