What parts do I need to get my A/C working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballero1981

Apprentice
Jun 20, 2016
my car is an 81 caballero that was a factory A/C car with a v6 but the previous owner but a small block chevy in and got rid of some of the ac parts so I need to know what parts I need to get it running here are pics of my ac stuff and belt setup
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG

To start off the A/C lines, compressor and brackets, heater hose shut off valve is missing.
Looks like the vac lines are missing also.

Here is a perfect opportunity to make beer out of barley. Find an early 90's 4.3L V-6 with throttle body injection S body(blazer, jimmy, s-10) and convert to a serpentine belt. You need brackets, compressor and suction discharge hose which you can get off of a donor truck. You will need to do a little wiring and find a generic t-stat housing. Go to o-Reilly and get the molded upper hose, make sure you use water pump off of S truck as runs backward from what you have now. I switched and it is cool. Let me know if you have any questions

The suction discharge hose will need to be made custom but should not be an issue. Get new accumulator, orifice, flush system, correct oil and charge and convert to R134A. Cool breeze in the summertime. That's what i'm talkin bout.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor