oil pressure sensor (new parts)

Well maybe not,... Echlin is now part of Standard Products...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-19-14-10-14-593.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-19-14-10-14-593.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 9
Brand of said failed items? So people are aware.

Again, they don't make them like they used to. Quality of auto parts started hitting the bottom of the shi*ter several years ago and now it seems it's full swing.
that i don't know, the garage that installed the engine ordered all that stuff my guess would be napa cuz they seem to be the go to for all garages in town for the next day deliveries. also that's why i listed as new parts.

Try Eclin from NAPA a little pricier but not $399.

I haven't had issues with OPs.

Multiple issues with HEI modules.
I worked at NAPA distribution center as a teenager one summer. Echlin/Balkamp stuff is just more expensive chinese junk imo. Never understood the "Napa Tax". Why so expensive?

Reactions: L05edSS
Yep, that's why I added on the further. Echlin is now part of Standard and sourced though Taiwan and South Korea from what I read.

I worked NAPA earlier 80's while doing my ASE classes. Yep, can't compare then to now. Current quality is just not the same any more.

ACDelco pressure sensors have been made in Taiwan, Mexico, Japan, etc., for over 25 years. Maybe they're discontinued now, but their quality seemed to be fine.

Typically, you see 2 types. One for 0-60 psi gages, one for 0-80 psi gages. Each are calibrated for those particular applications with different ohm ranges. However, think about it. A 20 psi range difference on your factory gage isn't going to make much of a difference in real life between the 2 calibrations. I believe all the G-bodies have 0-60 factory gages, and a few of the 4 cyl other platforms and trucks use 0-80 gages. Not 100% sure on that.

0-60 psi type, p/n 459417, superseded to 14036243

0-80 psi type, p/n 14040816. Lots of part numbers in this one's lineage.

Call me crazy, but I've never had one blow out on me.

Here's an OG style ACDelco 0-80 psi, 1/8-27 NPT. $58-ish plus tax. Buy once, cry once.

And another one 0-80, even older with a previous part number. $42 OBO plus tax.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor