What plugs do I need for nos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy B Monte408

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2014
Kentucky
I was told that I need to run a colder spark plug with my nos.I have a 355 with Brodix head hunter aluminum heads. And I'm going to start out spraying 100 shot to see how it does then move up to 150.

soloone87

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2014
hollywood,fl
this info will be helpful to me also, i have a 383 set up on 100 shot it should be around 550ish on motor and with 100shot timing has to be perfect as im pushing the performance gm block to the limit as it is

Reactions: 1 user

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I would advise you guys to follow the guidelines set forth by the perspective companies your systems came from. Most of the time it is 2 to 4 degrees per 50 horsepower.

For plugs, look for a non-projected tip plug. If you have a dual plane intake and a plate system, pull all the plugs after the first hit. See which ones show to be leaner than the rest, they will be your guide. I have had luck with normal AC Delco plugs, as I would rather the plug give up suffer a failure looking for aditional power, plugs are cheap.

Reactions: 1 users

Buzzkill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2014
Iowa
4 degrees per 50hp? How about 2. That is recommended for a "safe" tune and you should READ YOUR PLUGS to see where to go from there. I have -8 NGK plugs on a 175 shot and its all good. BTW NGK plugs are the easiest to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor