What SEM Gray Matches 87 442 Interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I have found three different grays that are off the shelf colors for SEM. There's Medium Gray, Gray, and Prisidio Gray. Is one of these colors a match for the 442 Gray, or does it require a custom mix.

If it's a custom mix, have they done enough to say "oh yeah, we have that specific color mix saved from past requests"?

Hutch

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I used Presidio Grey in my wagon. Its VERY close but not 100%. I think the OEM color has a little more blue in it. The A pillar is original, the tailgate is Presidio. If you look at the pillar from one end to the other the color looks like more of a match on the right side. Its all in the lighting.
Not to sound like a wise *ss but didnt we discuss this a week ago when you wanted info on changing the color of your steering wheel ? LOL
IMG_0958.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
No wise assery taken. :rolleyes: I remember your Prisidio Gray post. I'm checking to see if there's an off the shelf color that matches. They have like 4 different grays.

I'm going to call them tomorrow. G-Body Parts used to have SEM in our gray in the past. Maybe with a huge past purchase like that, they may have that color mix on record. Who knows.

Just don't want to send a trim piece that's rare as hens teeth through the mail to get a color match.

Hutch

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I hate to say it but the stuff from G body might be off a shade just due to the original color fading over the years.
As far as sending something to SEM for a match Im pretty sure theres a part on your car that isnt "rare" that you could send. Is the dash the same color as the rest of the interior ? You could send the piece under the column. If its a darker grey (since a lot of G body cars have a darker color dash) take an A pillar off and let them match that.
I sent them a mint complete rear door panel. How hard do you think that would have been to replace ? If your worried, sent it FedEx overnight and have it sent signature required. If you really dont want to ship something, youre in MD, theyre in SC. It wouldnt be a long trip. LOL

How many things are you going to dye ? If its everything it wouldnt really matter if you do it all in Presidio. You would be the only person that knows its a different grey. I think its that close.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor