what size carb should on my 305

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
For a stock 305, if you choose not to go with a Q-jet. I would think a 500 cfm carb would be sufficient for your application. Nothing larger than a 600 cfm. If your engine still has the stock spreadbore manifold you would need an adapter to be able to utilize a square flange carb (Holley, Edelbrock, Carter, etc.) I would go with a good rebuilt Q-jet. That's what my first choice would be for economy and drivability.

captain-FN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
charlottetown pei canada
hey found a holley 700 you guys think that would work fine or do you think it would be a touch too big

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
If you plan on building a new motor in the near future making quite a bit more power it may be worth it, otherwise I'd try to find a smaller one. I run an Edelbrock 600 on my 350 that makes about 375hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor