What to put in my Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
the regals did not have the chevy 305, its either a 3.8 buick v6 or a 5.0 olds 307 or a rare diesel in all regals at least 81 if not 78 though 87. there are some years, 84 for sure, that the 3.8 was the only option. i think there may have been a 4.1 in rare cases but i dont recall reading or seeing that for sure.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
also, my opinion is go for a 350 chevy motor, they are simple and cheap to build, not to mention the easiest motor to finf in the yards. you also need to upgrade your rear end, for a v8 to do any justice you need posi and decent gears, if you are worried ablout fuel economy dont use any thing lower then 3.42, maybe go for 3.08 if you really wan tto save some fuel

MarX

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2007
regalman4925 said:
the regals did not have the chevy 305, its either a 3.8 buick v6 or a 5.0 olds 307 or a rare diesel in all regals at least 81 if not 78 though 87. there are some years, 84 for sure, that the 3.8 was the only option. i think there may have been a 4.1 in rare cases but i dont recall reading or seeing that for sure.

I own an 84 regal 4dr limited with a 305, original factory(stated in the VIN)
So there must be a few out there like this.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Likewise, I have seen a few Regals with factory 305's in them. It may be that they are Canadian models as they seem to have a few quirks that US models did not have. In some cases, these are huge improvements!

In fact, I just saw a 78 Regal (single headlight model) 2 door in the junkyard with a 2bbl 305 that had a blue block and was a complete enough installation for me to think it is a factory SBC car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor