What year parts are the same as a 1986 olds g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
What year console and bucket seats, dash, stearing wheel sport, rally gauges are corect for a 1986 Olds 2 dr G body? I know the fabric is year specific and I will have them recoverd. I would like to know what year interior and color you think looks the coolest as in the most sport like? I have the split bench sofa old man interior in the car now, Thanks. Bernhard

Jan 24, 2010
good question, i'm needing the same answer i also have a 86 olds with the split bench and column shift. There are alot of knowledgable guys on this forum so i'm pretty sure someone has done this conversion before!

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Console, seats, dash, and gauges should be the same 78-88. Steering wheel I'm not to sure of, but any g-body wheel will bolt up. As for fabrics, I personally perfer vinal seats (easier to clean), and if I ever redo my seats, that's the way I'm going.
However, I currently have the pillow top seats and have modified the 60/40 into 40/40 semi buckets. Now I have the best of both worlds, pillow tops for comfort and sorta buckets so I can put in a console.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Any 78-88 buckets will bolt as long as you have a split bench ( a full bench won't have the inside mounting brackets on the floor pan) As for the Console. You will need the brackets (or need to make some) for it to mount to, my guess is the mounting locations will be similar across all G-Bodies, as I think most of the consoles were similar. However, the I think the Grand Prix interior might have been a little more unique.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
since you are swtiching from column to floor shift - you will probably want to snag the right steering column too. Stay away from the 78-81 .... wiper controls were on the dash, not the turn signal. I believe the shifter cable bracket on the transmission is different for floor shift models too .... don't forget to snag that if you are at the junkyard! New cables can be had at Advanced Auto for cheap so I wouldn't bother with used. Factory leather wrapped sport wheels I believe were of three designs early was a 3 spoke, followed by a 2 spoke half wrap, and lastly a 2 spoke full wrap. I prefer the early design. Make sure the floor shifter you snag has the same number of positions as your car PRNDL1 for th250/th350 and PRNodDL1 for the 200-4r .... make sure you snag the shifter plate too. Do believe you will need the inner seat tracks too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor